Friday, December 12, 2014

my everyday style: bundled up!

Every now and again I like to bust out a monochromatic look and since I'm not exactly the queen of color these days - neutrals are the way to go.   Here I paired cream and camel hues together for a cozy winter monochromatic look and I really liked the result.

Winter has been pretty kind to us so far (except that big 3 foot of snow storm in November, which has since melted) and it's been fun to experiment with two or three layers instead of the standard five to six layers that it seems is necessary to keep warm in winter.  It's always surprising to me how warm a vest can be and paired with a cozy sweater and scarf it was nice to be warm enough to ditch a coat for a bit.






(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Details:
Scarf, J.Crew Factory (similar less expensive)
Vest, J.Crew Factory (or similar)
Sweater, J.Crew Factory - on sale! (or similar - also on sale!)
Ankle Boots, Sam Edelman (similar or similar)
Bag, J.Crew (similar or similar)

Or shop the pieces below!


 

site design by kiki co.